Meeting Minutes from August 8th, 2019

Enclave at Imperial Lakes

Homeowners Association Inc.,


August 8, 2019

7:00 PM

Imperial Lakes Country Club

6 Country Club Lane

Mulberry, FL 33860

Meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. and a quorum of members was present, 3 of 4 were present.

  • Craig opened the meeting. As this meeting was called specifically to address 2 topics, we moved direct to new business.

New Business:


Bradley Parker has resigned from the board. We thank him for his service to the Enclave community.

> A reminder to homeowners that our board must consist of a minimum three, maximum nine members.

>Perspective board member Don Brown was introduced. Motion to add on to the board, unanimous vote agreed.  He joined the meeting.


Review of the violations procedure. In April 2019, the board approved the monthly neighborhood inspections to take place every 2 weeks and changed the 4 letter procedure, to a 3 letter procedure.

Kudos to our property owners for taking care of their yards in light of the challenging weather!!

>We were under the impression that the Attorney letter was automatic but the mgmt. was seeking a vote of approval before each violation reached the Attorney letter stage.

>we also discussed a recent violation challenge, we learned that the property owner received a first notice in March, then a 2nd notice in June.

>The HOA has the option to perform routine maintenance of a property in lieu of sending the account to the attorney. As the goal is to keep Enclave beautiful, we voted to begin exercising this right as to mowing, edging, trimming and pressure washing. Craig will get with mgmt. company to change the working on the letters to advice the homeowner of our intent to perform the service and the charge that will be owed.


The use of SmartWeb, an application for homeowner association violation management. Craig showed the demo to the homeowners in attendance.

Several questions were presented about the cost, storage of the data entered, if our data can be sold by the App to other entities. These will need to be explored.

>Homeowner asked for contact by email from mgmt. company, we advised them to provide this to our mgmt. company so their preference could be noted on their account.

Homeowner in attendance spoke about the HOA Meeting yard sign that was used before this meeting and felt it was more visible than our community information board. It was also mentioned that the community board is currently being replaced because of weather damage and will be reinstalled.

Homeowner noted that the front entrance needs to be mulched. HOA will address with our landscaping on the schedule.

Homeowner noted the debris/grass/trees in the retention ponds. Walt advised that the ponds were treated last week and until the rain subsides, it will remain a challenge.

Homeowners expressed an interest in serving on the board. Board reminded all that any homeowner in good standing can serve and they will all receive notice of this in November with the proposed budget and notice of the December annual meeting.


Blackwater Oaks requested permission to place a bench at the bus stop for thei community but Enclave owns the property. We discussed options to protect Enclave from liability but also suggested we transfer ownership of the property to Blackwater Oaks, which include the road front, the retention pond all in front of the entrance to Blackwater. We will ask the mgmt. company to explore this option.

  • The next meeting is scheduled for October 1, at 7:00 p.m.
  • The meeting was adjourned at 7:48 p.m.